Working at SOL Bio Corp.
At SOL Bio Corp., we are building a dynamic company rooted in cutting-edge science, working together to create a technology for early cancer diagnostics.
As the leaders in exosome diagnostics, we thrive on technological innovation, collaboration and a desire to exceed the limits of what has been done before.
Join our team of experts working at the forefront of advancing early cancer diagnostics using exosomes.
· Apply in-depth knowledge of analytical biology to refine existing and develop new diagnostic assays.
· Optimize pre-analytical protocols and workflows, including sample collection, extraction, and quantitation.
· Collaborate with Computational Biologists and Process Engineers to evaluate the cost/benefit of integrating new diagnostic technologies into our analytical workflow.
· Collaborate with clinical laboratory members to transition development protocols into clinical production, including design of validation experiments and collaboration on SOP development.
What We're Looking For
· MS (or equivalent research and development experience) in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, analytical chemistry, or a related field.
· In-depth knowledge of molecular biology assays and instrumentation including DNA and RNA extraction, quantitation, and high-throughput sequencing; qRT-PCR and ddPCR; and ELISAs, Western blotting, and other immunoassays.
· Proven track record of designing and executing successful research projects and giving effective scientific presentations.
·Clear communications skills and ability to work with team members in the same and adjacent disciplines.
Nice to Haves
· Previous industry/start-up experience in the life sciences.
· Understanding of the biology of human cell-free nucleic acids and circulating proteins.
· Experience working in a BSL-2+ environment and handling human biofluids.
· Understanding of bioinformatics tools and the ability to independently perform data analysis.
· Experience managing scientific teams and mentoring junior scientists.
· Ability to design assays for automated implementation: You’ve optimized for plate-based, low-volume formats and/or microfluidics and have used automated liquid handlers.
· Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA, GLP/GCLP, IVD development).